Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Life is Good, Despite Interference

I remember rock climbing every weekend, horse riding, belly dancing, and martial arts of various types. That would have been from 2003 to 2006. Those days are gone, and that's okay with me. It was too much work since a few of those overlapped others, even on the same day. I learned the meaning of 'square horse stance' from riding a square-backed horse and then doing the practice an hour later. But I was younger and far less...um...experienced in life. Injuries, health issues, mental wringers, and sheer laziness have all kicked in. But I am going to get a little better than complete couch potato, and so far it is working.

These Kick My Rear

I have gotten back to eating responsibly (once again), even if it is realizing that some days will have more food or less/no exercise than others. That combined with the strength training I have been doing at the gym and home have started me down on the scale again. I'm back below/at 180 pounds consistently now, so I know that I am making progress. I keep waiting for the time where I can get off the floor from a kneeling position rather than scrambling to both feet or using furniture as a crutch. Upper body? It's going to get better and maybe even fill out the skin that has decided to be bat wings. (I am not really expecting much on that front since even when I was rock climbing I had wings. Just my body being me.)

Got my foot fixed (once again with a steroid injection, luckily not the bone issues like earlier) so I can be back on the treadmill for at least short amounts while I build back up that muscle and have an easy warmup. Have I mentioned that I love my podiatrist lately? Because I do.

And Monday I worked my legs off. Stairs are not my friends. Yesterday was shoulders and back. I am just starting to feel those muscles. This is progress. I didn't overdo myself (at least not too much) as far as I can tell. It is going to take some time to find what works best. And then I get to switch it up again to start all over again with different muscles. And maybe get in a swim or two. We'll see. 

And I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment