Saturday, July 3, 2021

Goals

I have a goal: Hit 200 lbs by September 13th for my trip out to Indiana. Why? Because the gift I had planned to myself for 200 was a vacation. An arbitrary number, but it will make me happy to know I can do it. That means that I have six weeks to lose 5-6ish pounds. Then I will go from there. I have already lost 50, so there is hope for me still! 

The next 50 will be a little more difficult since I have not been making exercising a priority, and that is an important part of the deal. I have the tools to do this. Just need to get my arse off the couch and moving. At least I have a treadmill at both houses and exercise bands at my house--no excuse other than being lazy and scared of losing weight.

On that note, I really really (no shit: really) afraid of getting below 200 and I don't know why. Maybe it is because I am going to be the lightest in my family. Maybe it is because I know I need to deny and avoid the treats that are at the parents' house...like cinnamon buns, which are my kryptonite. And cake (less so). And...well...carbs in general. Strength of will and won't. 

With SparkPeople going away I am not too certain what I am going to use to track my calories other than maybe MyNetDiary.com for tracking and Spark360 for tracking. I (obviously) have the blog back up and running for that side of things. Perhaps the new Spark site will have a tracker for more than just exercise. It has gone the route of Noom and behavior modification instead of calories alone. Not sure what I think of that. But if it works, I'll take it. Need to get back to my portions like when I started this whole thing.

But I'm rambling. Can't wait for August to get here, then I will only have a few weeks till the next vacation, rinse, repeat. Time crawls when you are waiting for good things!

 In other news, it has been raining, which is awesome! Bad: no camping in New Mexico when storms are nearby. So I'm stuck in town. But rain is good. The cottonwoods are still sad, but the other trees and bushes are thrilled. The pomegranates are loaded with fruit! I just need to get them watered every week when I can, even if it means traveling up on Monday or Friday for plant watering on travel weeks.

I'm going to have to be in port somewhere too be able to run payroll unless I set up something for using Ms. Ramona's phone, which I am very tempted to do since we have a couple paydays before I leave. It is just necessary for making sure people get paid. I don't want it to be on my head that people don't get paid! So I'll try to make it vacation-proof by being in cell coverage on Thursdays out there.

And on being in port, Bermuda is still pretty locked down on visitation so I'm unsure if we will be able to get off the boat unless we go to the Bahamas instead, and even that requires tests that the boat can't do (like tests 1-3 days before docking when they leave on a Sunday so no way to do that and sail unless it is done on board.).


No comments:

Post a Comment