Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Could Have Been Worse

My mental status is often directly correlated to how I see myself and how adversarial I am to myself. Talking down to myself, Should-ing, Could-ing, etc. That occasionally puts a damper on the healthiness of my food. 

Background: Steroids suck. I had to take a high dose taper last week. The mad-raving munchies finally caught up with me over the weekend. I felt it rising for a few days before and I was pleasantly surprised that it hadn't kicked in much earlier--like mood swings in the middle of work.

Now, having said that, steroids still suck. I spend most of the weekend with full-on blast of energy and the alternate of slug napping. The rather unfortunate extra was that I was ready to eat EVERYTHING in the fridge/pantry.   But I didn't.  

Nope, I stayed the course and, while I overate, it wasn't on the things that are (mostly) off limits for consumption in my ideal world. Did I want that thick stack of pancakes? Oh God Yes. But I held it down for the most part. Only threw me off two days instead of what would probably have taken a full week to fix had I gone with the Gee-I-Want It and NEEEED it method of shoving my face into a stack of pancakes. One good thing? All of the things I munched on were already edible in their base form. No cooking needed! 

I'm not happy with the scale, but I know that I am shrinking because my shirts and pants fit better, and when it comes down to it, the last thing that really matters is that scale. Still only rarely exercising (yeah yeah, I need to start weights) on the treadmill, but that is more than I have been since December and pre gallbladder/foot issues.

Now I get to retrain my body to a real sleep/wake cycle after riding out the prednisone. Anyone got a brick? I hear they are good for helping people sleep.

Update on Comcast: The almost didn't fix their ****. I insisted again. TADA! Next up: Dealing with Comcast for work due to a faulty line that they already said they fixed once. I hate Comcast with a fiery burning passion, but their business service seems to go smoother than the residential version.

No comments:

Post a Comment