Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Things are Indeed Happening

Things are happening. Yes. Things. Of various types. 

I am pleased to see that the keto food plan is still working, though there was a week of stubborn-scale syndrome. I can't really complain given the results early on. I'm twelve pounds from where I was at my lowest in December. I should hit that in the next month or two, then on to new territory. 

On that food thing, Mom's joining me through her work program. It is going to be interesting with Dad home, but we will still manage well since everyone knows how to cook. Don't like dinner? Augment what's there or make your own. No biggie. Eggs, tuna, and cheese are frequent flyers in my playbook that require little to no cooking and fit the bill as "safe" food. The big question: Am I willing to set myself back a week for a tasty little/large feast of goodness?

That question comes up because the fresh and homemade cinnamon sticky rolls awaiting my return to the house are going to be a pain in the ass to not eat one after the other. But I can hold strong. Maybe I will be happy with just a half of one! Maybe not. It will be the first willingly munched bread product that I have had in... almost two months? But I am not passing up the goodness... Though now that sounds like it could indeed be an option if I have the will/won't power to stay away despite the siren song of cinnamon wafting throughout the house.

But I digress. I have choices. I will make them as I see fit at the time.

I keep waiting for rain, real soaking rain for the monsoon. But I am left wanting. A spit of rain here, a quick-and-gone downpour with no actual rain soaking in, but nothing of note. That is great news for the mosquito prospects, but lousy for my yard. One good thing is that the dirt is officially too dry for Russian thistles (aka live tumbleweeds) to grow. Goatheads? That puncturevine is evil and doesn't seem to care about the heat. I have next weekend only to get them out of the yard and into the trash can before they release their evil caltrops of doom upon my yard and the dog's feet.

Finally, I'm sad. My vacation in October falls right over my favorite band's concert (Shinedown, for those who would like to know). I already had purchased a ticket to the concert and failed to check it before scheduling my getaway. The ticket won't go unused though. My might-as-well-be niece also loves the band and is happily taking it off my hands. *sniffle* I want to go so bad, but the vacation was a massive deal and I don't want to reschedule it at twice the price. And not being in Albuquerque during the Balloon Fiesta is a grand thing--I loathe that event, but it makes a lot of vendors happy. So I'm happy I have the cabin, but I about cried when I found out about the conflict. Maybe they'll be back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment