Saturday, October 1, 2022

Of Thunder and Woods

 As of today I am on vacation. Away from work (for the most part) and cell coverage--though I do have text and internet. One must be aware of necessary comforts, especially when on call for work to a certain degree.

The cabin is wonderful, and smaller than I expected from looking at the images on the advert. Small makes me happy, though the stairs are going to kill me whether through their angle or the 2" risers on the landings. It's cozy.

I am going to have to keep an eye on the weather while I am out here. Rain and storms are supposed to be out every day in the afternoon, much to the dislike of the pooch. Tonight's storm included a strike that shook the house and cut the power. I, of course, have my handy dandy portable surge protector so my laptop does not get fried. I have had a frizzled hard drive once before when a transformer went poof. Only once.

My plans, should it not be too muddy, is to go out to the "Walk in the Past Trailhead" just ten miles from the cabin. I am hoping that it is nice, since my other two options are going to be off limits due to the monsoon rains. We shall see what it's like tomorrow. But now it is time to make sure the gear is all set and ready to go. And to watch some YouTube. It's too bad it's too wet for a fire in the handy pit out front. But that's okay. It's a change of place...er...pace.

Link, of course, had to christen all the trees

No comments:

Post a Comment