Thursday, June 24, 2021

Of Dog, Goals, and Choices

Let's just start off by saying that I have a contortionist dog. He got put into the Cone of Shame to nights ago for continually licking a hot spot on his front paw. I thought all was well and no big deal for it to continue to heal. HA! Dog manages to streeeeetch his front paw just far enough to lick the sore while in the cone. But it at least slows him down and it is on its way to healing fairly quickly. And no walking for another week anyway since the joint is still sore. Scritchies inside will just have to do. 

In other news: I'm making progress. I am happy to announce that I am 47 pounds down from where I was in late July last year. I want to use that arbitrary date to hit 50 down so far. I know that it doesn't mean anything for me to hit it, but it is a goal--not something that I have had as of late other than the long-term wish. And it is starting to show, though it amazes me how much it took for me to notice (not just other people) the changes in my body. I don't mind people commenting on how healthy I am looking, or how happy I am looking after I (sometimes) ditch my muumuu tunics and put on a fitted-ish shirt. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside. So I have something to work towards--205.6--then onward to the magical so-called One-derland. Little bits at a time.

And finally, I just may be able to take some time off in the beginning/middle of August/September. Thinking of rolling the health dice for a cruise if the pocketbook can handle it. Being a solo traveler is almost, if not more expensive than two people booking. But I'm not sure I want those dice or the sizeable chunk of cash required. Choices choices. For now, my break time is up. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment