Friday, June 11, 2021

Poor Pooch (and less pooch for me)


 

Yup, that's a bandage on Link's paw. Yesterday I got a call from Mom while I was at work. One of the pooch's front toes was splayed out at an odd angle. He didn't seem in pain and didn't whine when it was touched, but there was something very wrong. So I got the goahead from my boss to bail on work early and get back to my hometown and to the vet there. They were wonderful and worked him in between appointments within two hours of dropping him off. 

In short:
Dislocated toe.

So he has the bandage on his leg for the next four days and then gentle movement after that. Try telling that dog to slow down when he want's to do otherwise. Tearing out around the yard is probably what caused it to dislocate in the first place! But he seems to have taken to the bandage easily and hasn't tried to lick or nibble it off. He is, however, pretty much limping along on three feet now instead of ignoring it. I may need to give him some pain meds left over from one of his previous injuries. I just looked at his other paw and found that his dew claw is partially cracked, hence his licking there. Dang dog just seems to have been looking for trouble as of late.

I've lost 49 pounds since July last year. Forty. Nine. And yet I have trouble seeing it, other than noticing that now I have loose rolls of skin instead of full-flub rolls. I have lost one clothing size in that time (or maybe two if you include that I wasn't wearing the right size at that high end). In almost fifty pounds you would think there would be more movement in visible changes. But I want to be better NOW!

Ahem.

My knees are still unhappy with my weight, despite starting to exercise and working on strengthening everything. But I'm impatient. I want it all now, and with none of the work. Somehow I don't think that it works that way. But my cholesterol has decreased, I guess. That and being a little less easily winded seem to be the only things I see. But apparently other people are noticing.

Last week (week before?) my coworker mentioned that I was looking particularly healthy and was shrinking away (and she said it in a good way). I mentioned that I had been working on it for some time, so I was glad that she noticed. Some people take offense when others mention that they have lost weight--I am not one of those people. I revel in it since I am a people-pleaser. Probably not a healthy way of looking at things. Sort of like losing weight to make others think better of myself. Which is partially true. But I want my body to work better, move easier. So a bit of A, bit of B. 

But my food intake has been erratic. Not hungry much while out camping, then eating all the things during the week. I was 207 when I got back from camping last Sunday, but I was incredibly dehydrated and not much food in me. But it was 207! I have been stuck at 210ish since January, so that was a nice thing to run into. May be I can keep up the momentum and get that last pound before July 23rd when I started this whole thing. It would be nice.

And I'm rambling. So I may need to think about med-time and a snack to round out the night's eating and let everything settle easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment