Thursday, October 21, 2021

Memories Lost

Easter, 2008 With My Man

I seem to be missing most of my memories from 2007/8 through 2018. There's a few lingering wisps of memories floating in my mind, and if someone brings them up I can sometimes locate the memories, but I can't bring them up on my own. They sort of swirl together with a few standouts as the exception. Granted, 2008 through 2013 was helping my husband, and 2013 through 2018 was dealing with serious cases of attack of the brainz, but I would like to be able to know what happened in my life! So I have been trying to nail down memories and, the much harder part, logging them with where they fall in time. Photos are helpful, but there just aren't that many during the early to middle part of that time. I can reference them easier in later years, but that is mostly a bunch of photos of Link, so that isn't much help.

In frustrating news:

One.

Pound.

That's all that separates me from the magical number of 200 pounds. *Breathe in* It's just a number. *Breathe out* It's just a number. A number of significance to me, apparently. I've been hovering at 201ish for the last week and a half and it is bugging the hell out of me! I've been exercising every day since the end of August and at least moderately watching the calories that go into my mouth. I even upped the intensity of the exercise! Maybe that's it. I may be gaining some muscle, so the scale isn't changing. Grr. 

I have been scouting around for new places to explore and have a few ideas for the coming weekends, all within 30 minutes from the house. Not much shade to be found on these adventures, but one of them has a chance to explore for fossils while hopping around on mostly-unmaintained gravel roads with Loki (the SUV). I am looking forward to that one! The other has a chance to see lots of birds and some shade on a longer hike. Plot plot plot...

On one last note: I'm all triple vaccinated (well, four if you count the flu shot)! Good to go for work and self/family protection. If you haven't gotten your jab, please do. Even if it isn't a 100% effective vaccine, it is a hell of a lot better than no protection at all for yourself and others around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment