Saturday, October 9, 2021

Of Quiche and Adventures

Quiche! A birthday food if I ever did see one. That and posole were the perfect lunch for my birthday. I did take that day to eat everything in sight, even if it was not the healthiest of choices. Meh. It was worth it.

I took another long hike on Thursday and had a great time getting lost on the trail due to people having broken trails for shortcuts. I eventually made my way back to the car after about 4.5 miles and almost running out of water. Not the most ideal of situations, but I didn't run out until I tried to take a drink once in the car. None to smart on my part. But it was worth it. Next time I will remember to fill the Camelbak all the way before leaving for a longer hike!

See that tower up there? Yeah. I climbed it.

I also went exploring up to the top of the mountain yesterday, by car of course. At the very end of the line was a strange rocky outcrop with a tower atop it. There were some serious and uneven stairs, which might be why my knees are quite as vocal as they were today. Worth it. 

Dog approves of the View

So today I had about a two mile hike, cut short due to complaining lower half. But I went out. Tomorrow? Back to the treadmill or flat ground again. *sigh* So it goes.

And now it is time to find lunch, chill, and YouTube my way through the rest of the day. Not a darn thing wrong with that. Maybe even open up the manuscript and get some editing on it that I haven't even touched since I got here. Meh, I see no problem with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment