Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Back to the Grind (For Now!)


The view from my home base


I spent the last week-and-a-bit out in Indiana with all sorts of family having a great time. I'm sad to be back at the grind of work and regular life, even though I know that my next trip is only a few weeks away! 

I got to stay at the lake and searching for bass and sun in between seeing everyone. Absolutely what I needed. I do have to say that air travel still sucks, but much less than my last few flights. Breezed through both sets of security and even had a couple flights in larger Southwest flights where there was a ton of legroom! Legroom? In a cheap plane? Hell yeah!

I did do a few things for work while I was gone, but for the most part I was just happy to exist away from normality. While I am not usually a fan of small children, the ones during the trip were pretty cute. I still stand by my no-babies-for-me stance. I did get some good photos of grand/great-grand parents with them though.

So now I have mostly caught up with work and finally taking my breaks. The rest of the job will have to wait until tomorrow when I can attack the computers/printer with a threat of baseball bat. Sometimes the threat is enough to scare them into working. 

New Mexico is back under a mask mandate, which doesn't bother me one bit. I even managed to alter my masks to make them fit better without having to readjust every three seconds. Go go gadget stapler! I was planning on wearing mine at work for a while just because of the travel bugs, but now I think I will be keeping up with it. No sense in endangering those around me who are not able to be vaccinated/aren't yet. 

And now one more photo for good measure:

The Velcro Dog Once I Got Home

No comments:

Post a Comment