Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Gettin' Ready for a Trip!

I'm headed out for a vacation on Friday, with Dad holding down the fort with the dog. I spent a few minutes of lunch planning out my food for the day since I will be at airports from 8am till 9pm (Indiana time) and don't really want to pay for airport food. I will have to see how much I can beg hot water/cold water from the coffee shops, but I most certainly will be trying since I am guessing that the water fountains will be turned off. Planning for the worst and expecting somewhere between there and best. With COVID-19 I am mostly out of luck for drinks and snacks on the plane, so I need to plan accordingly.

I am upset that SparkPeople is going away on the 14th. It has been there for me for over a decade and I am going to miss the interaction with people on the forums. May have to see if we can get the group on FB more user-friendly instead of evil recipes something more waistline friendly. I may see about talking to the leader about steering it toward that end. I'm not seeing what I need on the new Spark360, so I will just have to use one of the other trackers since it keeps me honest during the day and sometimes even plan out what I will be eating.

All I've wanted to do today is eat. But in a good thing I have managed to rein in my munchies with the power of a super protein lunch and a smidge of milk. I even started eating some graham bunnies and stopped mid-baggie! Tea is wonders. Three cups today plus the big nalgene, so I have had plenty of water for the day--only two tea mugs! I'm not really sure how the trips are going to go, but I will probably estimate mentally how much I have eaten and hope for the best depending on what it is. I do have the other two apps on my phone, so I can chart it on there if I so choose. I just have to get the hang of it before this all disappears. May I should enter in my Friday for reference. Yeah. I can do that next break.

Till then, computer damage control.

No comments:

Post a Comment