Friday, August 13, 2021

Leavin' On a ...

 Jet Plane.

I'm sitting in the airport terminal wasting some time before getting on leg one of the three-leg trip. Luckily (?) I don't have to change planes in Florida from the Denver flight to Indianapolis. Means I won't be really stretching my legs either. That will have to happen in Denver or here, and I already traipsed around the terminals to get me good and going this morning. Not nearly enough, but it should be better than a day at my house on the couch!

I checked one bag, which was a good idea since my backpack is rather heavy with all the electronics and food in it and chances are that I would get off the plane without the second one out of sheer exhaustion. I know me too well.

I remember one time here where I used the wi-fi to play WoW. Must have been a trip out to San Francisco for Jason. Good times. Sad times. All of the above.

Had mom drive Loki here so she was ready to go to pick me up in a week and change. Basic care and feeding of the car as an overview and introduction all in ten minutes. No cruise control included. But she got the hang of Loki's basics and how to turn off the autostop button. Feels too much like an engine shuddering and stalling for her likes. I tend to agree with her in a lot of +90 degree cases. Got me dropped off at just before 8:30 and I dropped off the bag. Breezed through a streamlined version of security in a record 10 minutes start to finish. No need to remove items from the bag and I even was able to wear my FitBit through the scanner! Long way we've come since being able to meet your family at the gate! Thank you very much 9/11. I was a Junior in high school. So much has changed for the illusion of safety.

There are not a lot of seats available in the terminal now that people are supposed to socially distance. Being here early has its advantages. Probably not going to be so luck in Denver, but one can hope. I have about an hour here before I board and all of the ideal seats are taken. No singles available for people like me traveling without accompaniment. So there's room for my purse and bottles.

Now is a good time to charge my headphones that very well could save my rear in the airplane if there are any obnoxious kids or snorting adults. Only about half full right now, so that will get me through one flight, but not three, with one of them a 3 hour leg. I can sleep maybe? Getting in at 9:30 means that I am really getting in at 8:30, but I will still be dead tired I am guessing.

And I'm rambling. Here. Have a photo of my desk buddy. Alas, the little succulent has since died from too much water.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment