Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Got Downtime?

    

 Walking and *gasp* Jogging!

I am putting the time I have on vacation toward making myself healthier. I have made it a point to get in exercise, especially in the morning since it is much cooler. Swimming one morning with granny-aerobics, the rest with walks and...gasp!...Jogging! I have been trying short bursts of jogging for a while but always end up with the dreaded shinsplints. Today I fought back. Jog till it really hurts. Walk till I can't feel it anymore. Rinse. Repeat. By the time I was done and 2.4 miles later I was able to jog till my endurance ran out instead of till I couldn't stand the pain. Success! (Mind you, that jogging was still only for short stints, but it was better than nothing.)

So I have that as a plus. In other times when I am not catching up on sleep I have been poking the second book with a digital red pen. I made it another round before leaving home, but I want to keep working on it since I have already found issues with the last run-through. If I have learned something from the last book it is that it will never be enough and I will have to shell out money for another round with someone who does this for a living. Lessons learned. But it won't stop me from wanting it as good as I can make it! This run's biggest focus: Time and Space. How long does it take to get from point A to point C and what season does that make it. Continuity--very useful.

By the by, traveling on 9/11 was a breeze. Very few people in the home airport and not insane people in Phoenix for the plane change. Uneventful is just how I like it. But now I think that it is time to down some meds and take a nap. Naps are good. Especially on vacations.




No comments:

Post a Comment