Saturday, September 4, 2021

Milestones! Death to Weeds!

The Beginning

Today I did something that I had never done in my life: Mow the yard. In all my decades I had never pulled a cord to get that power running. For most of my non-childhood years I never had anything approaching a yard. Gravel and desert scrub was as close as I got. Well, that changed. Now, instead of needing a brush-hog twice a year, my dad bought a real mower for the house. He has been running most of the yard maintenance, so I never learned the ins and outs of the machine. But Dad's out of town. And it's monsoon season.

It was my turn. Now, I know how to run most hand tools just fine, but gas and oil powered things? Not so much. 

After a few false starts, like any gas powered tool, I got it done. It ain't great or something that I could charge money for, but I managed! Some of those weeds were taller than the dog!

The Final Product

So it's done. One-to-two-foot-tall weeds taken down to a reasonable height. All because I learned how to use a pull-cord!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment