Thursday, September 2, 2021

Worried With Cause

 

To the Skies--Eventually

I have a week and a smidge before I head off for another trip. Only problem that's on my mind: it's on the 20th anniversary of 9/11. I am leaving plenty of time for extra security measures and planning on everything to be late. I'm not superstitious, but I am aware that the danger of flying goes from microscopic to slightly more than that. I remember to the road corner I was when the first flight hit. The very step I was on when I heard about the second. But that was 20 years ago. I suppose that is the same reaction that people had when Kennedy was killed. Just a different generation. And more changes to life in general than the president's passing. But I do know this: I'm not letting that stop me from traveling.

On the other side of things, COVID-19 is making me nervous. I have had several families I know that have come down with it, vaccinated all. I'm just going to have to be incredibly careful on my travels, especially in the airport. The planes have good air circulation, but the airports are less so. Lots of hand washing and mask-wearing. I'm not sure what California's regulations will be for weekend after next, but I may just wear the mask to be careful anyway. I know that I wear one here for all trips, so I see no reason to not follow those recommendations while traveling.

So those are my two concerns for today. Worried? Maybe. But with cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment