Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Final Diagnosis: Stone Hoarding Collector

While I like pretty rocks, I do not support the hoarding of them in any of my organs. It's official: my gallbladder has been collecting shiny stones without permission for some time. As such, it is time for surgery. I get to talk to a surgeon...eventually. Then I get to take out the offender...farther out from there. I cannot wait to get this darn thing out of me!

The last surgery I had was a life-saver, while this one, which is not particularly life-threatening, is a definitely a quality-of-life one. All signs point to laparoscopy, so recovery should be quick and easy. I have the time off from work and (probably) have someone to cover for me whenever that happens, short or long term. God, I love my job! Hopefully it is in a short enough time that my helper is still here, otherwise there will be a week of un-entered donations. Here's hoping--especially since that would mean four months out. Likely, but not ideal.

So there you have it: problem identified, eventually to be solved. Hoping for sooner rather than later. Anybody else out there with the same problem? I'm looking to see what I am in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment