Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Random Skills--Tasty Skills


Fruits of Labor 

Jill of all trades? That might just be me, and boy has it been a good thing over the years! When my husband was still alive we had a saying that what he didn't know, I probably had at least a grasp on how to fix it and vice versa.

I have so many other random skills that crop up as useful from time to time. Others just are niche followings (like making mail armor). The leatherworking occasionally becomes necessary. Computers? I thrive on electronics in general. Survival skills? Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. More things just pop up when needed.

Recently the target of my labor was attacking the plethora of pears from my mother's tree. Cranberries and pears as shown in the photo, and plain pears for the latest batches. Mom and I have a deal: she preps the fruit and I do the (easy) job of actually canning them. So far I have only had one jar out of at least three batches of 11, which is a pretty good record.

And then there are times when it is just time to throw up my hands and call in a professional. This is a strong skill to master. Know when to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment