Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Road to Nowhere

Around and Aound We Go

Apparently I have been self-sabotaging myself over the past four weeks and driving in mental circles. The RA is threatening to come back. I've also been incredibly withdrawn. Not good indicators for the state of brainz. But at least one of the stressors is taken care of--no more worry about missing work or not healing well. So why am I still in a funk? Good darn question. Work is stressful and upped the stress over the past week, so that is partly to blame. Other than that and my constant struggle with my weight, there's not much to worry about. Yet I'm not where I want to be. And keep spinning my wheels around and around in place. 

What am I doing about it? Listing down everything I can think of, both good and bad, that is in the mix right now. Knowing where I have been and what could/should happen shortly is a good way to put it into perspective. For some reason just thinking about it doesn't work as well as a physical list.

On to a better story on the road, I had a repair that needed done by the Subaru garage. They fixed one part then told me that all four of my tire sensors needed replaced and calibrated--to the tune of $785 and a wait to get in the parts. I made a quick call to my local tire shop and got quoted $60 per tire, install included and same-day service. I promptly refused the official garage's offer to get price gouged and went on my merry way. As it turns out, only two of the sensors were dead. Two. I spent $120 for the whole thing. The garage, the lead owner, and Subaru headquarters are going to get a loudly phrased complaint from me for fraudulent business practices. Go go gadget BS meter! I might be a wee bit ticked about the situation.

So the road has led me to look at my situation a little closer and try to pin down exactly what is causing the problems health wise. Work will eventually level off. The garage will be taken care of shortly. Life hopefully come to a nice straight highway to travel. Till the next speed bump.



No comments:

Post a Comment