Friday, January 21, 2022

Stress is a *itch

Yup. It is amazing how much stress can do to a body.

I can haz snacks?

What I thought was an arthritis flare calmed down the day after the surgery, but let's face it, I was forced to take it easy and sleep a lot. It was a sort of restart for my body, despite the Swiss cheese of my innards. My brains still are adjusting and flip flopping between caring about everything and sheer apathy for all things. No real rhyme or reason, other than that I am healing and that takes energy.

Add in more stress and over the last three weeks I have gained almost ten pounds from sheer dealing with stress and only so much energy to spend on other things that Just Needed Done. Now I'm tracking the foods again and watching my portion sizes. The biggie is checking myself in the evening for mindless eating due to pain/sleepiness.

So I'm back at home and enjoying the TV under my control and quiet when I like it. Currently Battlebots. Dog is, of course, already in withdrawal from lack of Dad's lap and pouting on his couch. No constant touch all day and he has to *gasp* not play as much! Sweet sweet home ownership with no roommates (and now no lousy neighbors). Except the dog, who I can lock up in a kennel with a muzzle and nobody would call protective services. Not that I do, but I could. (Eh, he likes his kennel anyway).

With 60+ gallstones, some over .5 cm, gone from my body I don't have to worry about midnight wake-up calls of pain. So far no side effects, but I have been careful to keep it that way. Only four dots on my belly from surgery and those are healing nicely. One nice thing about having a female surgeon is that she specifically avoided the bra line in her incisions. Good doc. I'm keeping my fat down on food for a while, since apparently high fat meals (and caffeine) can cause some serious discomfort. Nothing like before, but still unpleasant. I'll behave momentarily. If I have to. I guess. Lots of cooking, which I like to do anyway.

And now I think it's time for some more tea--caffeine free, of course. But I miss my chai :(

No comments:

Post a Comment