Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Detour

On a break and back safe from the grandparents--dodged and weaved the political and religious topics of conversations and made it through relatively unscathed! The dog got to enjoy all the attention and the car rides. Mom and I got to see them and Dad got to spoil the dog again. But the drive back was...well...oops.

Let me preface this by saying this: I hate Denver driving. Now that that is out of the way, we get into the adventure. I thought I had made it through Denver and its suburbs way to quickly, but I blamed it on focusing on the traffic and construction all over the place. I was confused why the mile marker numbers were getting bigger rather than smaller. I blamed this on not knowing which direction the numbers go on interstates.

I was wrong.

Mom woke up about fifty miles from Nebraska and pointed out that we may indeed be going the wrong direction. We were. Whereby "We" really means "I" was going the wrong direction since she was asleep since Denver. Oh well. We switched drivers since I was obviously no good to drive and she drove back the 45 miles till we could take a different road south on a parallel to the interstate (a road we also are familiar with). Oops.

So we got into town at around 2am, with Mom driving the night section, instead of midnight or 11 we would have been without the detour. That will teach me to focus more on construction than staying on the right road. I'll chock it up to Denver craziness instead of me just being dumb. At least that is what I tell myself.

I had to sleep in this morning, but I had already given my boss a head's up about perhaps being late or gone for today. I was sure glad I did because I am pretty tired already (though I have had less caffeine today than usual for a workday). 

I also stepped on the scale expecting to have gained another 5 pounds since last check. Nope. No change despite traveling and overeating in general. I am going to start watching what I eat even before I hear back on Mom's status for doing the keto diet. I may even be able to do it myself if need be, since I got permission to do it even while on lithium, with close monitoring and self-checkins. We shall see. Not sure if it is a good idea or not, but I can at least start the transfer over to healthy eating again after falling off the wagon for the last two months (two? I have no idea).

And now, I will begrudgingly get back to work on a caffeine low. Not long to go anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment