Thursday, April 28, 2022

The Lingering

Where I Would Like to Linger

It's been a little over a week since I got sick. Not bad anymore, but still sound (and somewhat feel) sick. Thank you, Grandpa. Mom has pneumonia from it, unfortunately, but we got in to see the doc before it had a chance to get really serious. The boss is sick as well, but probably not from me. Today we were going over things that needed done and were talking at each other but not mentally hearing and getting frustrated. We both took a moment to evaluate--the being sick had addled both of our brains. After that brief break we were able to get communicated what needed done. Curse you, germs!

After the FUn of being sick I managed to lose a few pounds. I am taking this as a starting point to lose the 25 I gained shortly before and after surgery. Back to the eating food. Mostly plants. Not too much. And tracking what I eat so I am accountable for what I eat. Side effect of tracking? I can see how much of my foods count as carb, fat, and protein and see how that charts with my innards cooperation. Sounds like a win to me!

I'm apparently one of the few who have gastric problems months out from gallbladder surgery, yay. Freaking yay. So the keto diet just isn't going to work with my system, at least not for now. This weekend I am going to be on easy-to-digest food to see if I can get it under control. I'm not expecting much, to be honest, but I am trying to keep up hope that something will get it calmed down and happy again. But the tracking should help...and may even keep me alert of how many useless carbs I have been eating. (I'm looking at you, cake.) But I am currently large enough that my knees are complaining again and that makes me ready to do something about it. Again. But it is the moving forward that counts.

I talked to one of my docs yesterday and explained that I was starting to get healthy again. She offered meds. I turned her down. I know some of the side effects. Guess what one is? Gastric Issues. Nope. No thank you. I've lost weight in the past (healthily), and I can do it again without extra additions to my daily stresses. My doc thought she was being helpful, and I understand that, but I just couldn't justify the small chance of help losing (and high chance of gaining back after stopping the med) for the high chance of side effects that would be intolerable to me. Nope.

And so I am back to planning meals and shopping with purpose, which I pretty much was doing before--with "purpose" including large amounts of sugary carby goodness. Mom isn't sure if she is going to be able to do the keto diet yet, but I will support her however it turns out. It will just be interesting joining in each other's meals. I've done it before with Jason, so I know that I can do it again if need be. And maybe at that point the innards will have calmed down enough to try it for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment