Thursday, February 10, 2022

Happily Perched

 

Alone on a Rock

And I'm happy that way. I have support all around me, and that keeps me sane, but I love having time to myself where nobody needs anything (other than the dog, but he's pretty low-maintenance). Sometimes I take this so far as to disconnect for a week on a vacation from people, news, and work, but that doesn't usually happen. Reference those people around me who care about me and worry if they don't hear from me occasionally. It makes me feel loved. 

But I do indeed need time to myself. My weekends are bliss for me after half the week sharing the house with my parents. Nothing against them, but I need my own space and, barring unforeseen circumstances, I want to keep it that way. 

I hear you saying, "But Heather, don't you want to get back out there in the dating world?" And I have a one word response, "Nope." I wasn't looking to date Jason and I'm not interested at all in having another person sharing my space. Should it happen eventually, fine, but I'm not looking and am not interested in it.

So like this tree, I'm up on a hill quite happily living and thriving, with all the other support trees keeping an eye on me. It's a happy spot to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment