Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Oopsies

On the Road...Somewhat

Over the past month and a half I have managed to gain over 10 pounds. Nobody's fault but mine. I used the surgery as a reason to backslide, and boy have I ever. With the treadmill broken at the parental units' house (still have yet to repair/replace) and "winter", or as close to it as the high desert gets, I have been less than useful at getting in exercise there. At least my house one is in working condition. I even managed to use it while I was there over the weekend! Hey, some is better than none. Still not supposed to lift/tug more than 20 pounds which means that the dog is out of luck for walks since he pulls sometimes. Poor pooch likes his walks though, and really likes to play tug. He's out of luck for the next five weeks.

After a brief change of meds I am up and working reasonably well again. Managed to get a ton of things done at my house on Sunday. More than I had managed in the previous two months combined! Better living through chemistry. Now I'm back to being a slug after all the activity, but some use is better than none. I even found the surface of one of my catch-all tables! It never ceases to amaze me how much general junk gets dumped on that table. Or the sheer unbelievable amount of dog fur that accumulates around the house. Little tufts that roll like tumbleweeds along the corners of the wall. Three vacuum dumps later and I have a much cleaner house. I swear that I found a whole other dog's worth of fur. And the kitchen--I even cleaned the stove. Scary things happened on Sunday and I am happy with every one of them. Now if only I could bottle that energy for later use!

I had a little downtime last night and started to plot my next vacation. I found a cute little cabin near the mountains for hiking that won't break my bank. Only problem is that I am not sure when I will be able to get off from work to go gallivanting. It looks cute and is about half of what others would cost me, all because some of the nearby properties are a little rundown. That's fine with me. But we'll see when I can break free. At least not before the end of March. 

But now it is probably time for me to wind down my break and get back to work. After tea round three. I am getting in my caffeine today. Maybe that even means I will get in a walk to pick up meds from the Walgreen's nearby instead of waiting in line in the drivethrough.


No comments:

Post a Comment