Sunday, March 6, 2022

A Whole Lotta Up

 

My good boy reveling in a hike

Yesterday my mom noticed that I was restless, moody, and in more of a funk than even the most recent usual. She suggested I go on a hike since I'm now cleared to walk with Link again. Dog and I decided (because he has a say in this and wanted a longer car ride) to go across town to the opposite mountains. 

I should have known what I was in for with the twisty turny road to get to the trail. 

Up. Lots of up. 

I'm glad I had my CamelBak with me, but if I'm going to make this a habit I need to get a bigger reservoir to be safe on water for both of us. We got in 2.25 miles in up and back before the wind got bad later in the day. Link was a well-behaved boy and only shied away from the 6ft tall man in a hat with a walking stick. I kept getting asked what type of dog he was--a mutt. And a very good boy. 

We're both sore today after the scrambling over rocks. Even were up high enough to see leftover snow in the shade

This was the first time I'd been on a hike in two months. Maybe longer. And it felt good. I've gained twenty pounds in two months.

Maybe this can kickstart getting back into the groove of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment