Saturday, March 12, 2022

Reasons to Be Thankful

Even When Life is Really Rocky

I'm struggling a little right now. For various reasons my brains are deciding that now is a good time to go off the deep end. I am hoping that I can hold it together through the next two weeks until my vacation kicks in. This week is work's St. Patrick's Day Celebration and it is the biggest (and only) event of the year. In addition to the event we also have a newsletter hitting doorstops this week as well to up the donations. 

I will survive. 

One method that I am thinking about using is severely limiting my sugar intake. Not keto, since that threw my body into all sorts of hell the month I was on it with Jason. Just cutting out the extra sweets and added sugars that seep into EVERYTHING. Fruit? Fine. Milk? Not so sure, but probably fine. Ketchup? Not without some serious changes. Luckily, it is easy to find acceptable foods labeled with the keto category. I still haven't decided on when to start this, but probably over vacation so the first week of sugar-withdrawal is under controlled conditions with limited access to extra sweets and pastries to undo my progress.

I may not thrive over the next two weeks, but I will survive this just like in past years. Also like in past years I have the annual I-am-done-with-this-shit vacation following the event. Due to unforeseen circumstances my last vacation will probably have to be either me taking my tent out for a week or just chilling at home. Either works well for me and is better for my pocketbook. 

Speaking of tents, the campgrounds are open for the year! I need to gear up everything and get it triaged for spur-of-the-moment trips out where work can't reach me. And so that I at least have bear spray with me this time. Just because that seems prudent now that I know there are brave bears in the area. I think I may have already lost my camp kitchen table before I even had a chance to use it! Bah! I don't want to spend an additional hundred bucks for something that I won't use often since I am usually in developed campgrounds. But it irks me that I would lose something so quickly. That is what I get for not coating the black case in reflective tape!

And now I am going to sit back and take stock of what I have to be thankful for instead of wallowing in my own self-pity. Wallowing does no one good. Maybe 5 minutes of walking will lead to more.

1 comment: