Thursday, March 17, 2022

Stroganoff with Noodles? Pfft. Keto Safe!


 

You know that stuff called stroganoff that you eat with noodles (or rice, you heathens)?  I have the holy grail of recipes now that doesn't even require starch to go with it. It makes those old canned soup varieties a thing of the past. You have to like shrooms though. And if you are on a low-carb or keto diet it fits in perfectly.

2 lbs sliced mushrooms
1 Tbs.oil
1 medium onion, diced medium-fine
2-3 (or 4 or 5) cloves of garlic, minced (or powder to taste)
1 Tbs. Better than Bouillon Beef (mixed with...)
1 c. water
1 lb small chunks/trips of beef or in my case venison
Salt and pepper
Sour Cream (light works just fine)

In a huge skillet cook down the mushrooms with oil until they are turning dark and no longer look raw at all. Add onions and cook till onions are translucent. Add water/bouillon and meat. Cook till meat is cooked through and tasty. Serve with sour cream. Devour.

I think I ate almost half the batch by myself. Oops. Given that there are twice as much shroom to meat ratio I don't think that's really a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment