Monday, March 7, 2022

Of Weight, Hikes, and Work

 My Turtle Made a Friend

I'm having a nice trip to Starbucks to write and take a break from TV, dog, and people who need things. I didn't go home this last weekend due to being needed at work. Also have a meeting tonight as well, but it is the last one for a while. I like being able to get out of the house again. Till the next wave. *Sigh* This is the new normal, as it were. 

I apparently have some miscommunication between my mouth, my feet, and my waistline. It's been almost three months of gaining weight. Now I am back up to 215 from a low of 195 those months ago. This sucks. On top of that I haven't had the willpower to get off my arse and exercise. The combination of too much/unhealthy food plus lack of movement are becoming my downfall. I am back in larger pants and having trouble with hikes again--though admittedly the last hike was far more strenuous than previous ones. And it's not just a case of laziness. I am having to drag myself out of bed and Get Stuff Done every day, so something has to give. In this case the food and exercise was what gave in.

Maybe Saturday's hike can be a kickstart for the near future. Or not. I don't know. What I do know is that I still am in a funk and not really into moving or doing anything other than eating. At least I am back on getting emailed/texted work done in a timely manner (read: instantly rather than a day or more later). My coworkers were worried about me--definitely time to reevaluate my mental state. But they are all very understanding and interested in getting me back up and running and back to my normal useful self.

Speaking of work, we have our 71st annual St. Patrick's Day (Corned Beef and Cabbage) Celebration of Faith and Service. No dinner this year, like in past years due to Covid. That means only a week and a half till the event and DUN da DAH! two and a half till my vacation, and boy will that be good. There are no vacations between late October and mid-March. Too much happens during that time and this year I am not dropping all of my vacation time at the very last minute like last year. (Shameless plug: gscnm.org) Knowing that if I need to duck out of work early I can at the last minute takes off a load of stress from my shoulders. I just need to not use that privilege too much and run myself into trouble. Yay for understanding bosses! 

And that is the update for the time being. The tea is all gone, as is the coffee cake. Yes. I go to a coffee shop to have tea. Bite me. For some reason it is easier to write with ambient noise that doesn't affect me and I can focus on just typing. 

 Till next time: What gets you motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment