Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Great Timing, Dumbass

Now, picture the high desert: sand, scrub, cactus, blue sky. Lots of blue sky.

Except for yesterday.

No, yesterday I wanted to go for a walk. I checked outside and it seemed a bit cloudy and calm. Perfect for a hike. I get to my hike spot and the wind has picked up a smidge. No biggie. Wind is the usual and I have on wind resistant jacket and pants. I start getting spit upon by rain and call in to the mother to check the weather since my internet on my phone was being strange. "It looks fine. I'll see you later."

Well, while not "fine" it was not even particularly pleasant. I got about half-way around the circuit when the wind tore through and started with the sleet and rain. Luckily I had already turned away from the wind by the time that it really started up. The pants are indeed mostly water protectant, which I wasn't planning on testing at the time.

By the time the dog and I got back to the car we were tired, wet, and cold. Then temperature had dropped from 46 when I left the car to 34 when I got back in. (Heated seats are wonderful by the way). And now my car smells like wet dog. Totally worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment