Saturday, July 9, 2016

Weight Loss, a New Start

It has been three years. In that time I have gained over 90 pounds. Ninety. I have tried off and on to lose that weight over the years.

Yes, I can lose weight on my own. I lost forty pounds and got down to 150 and held it there for two years, then Jason got worse. My weight dropped even more, down to unhealthy levels for me. Then he died.

There was no one to take care of except for myself. I started eating out of stress.

On to the eating change. My plan is to do Nutrisystem for the first two to three months then wean myself off to my own food again once I am used to real portions of food. That is when I start to use SparkPeople food tracker again and monitor my food intake there.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not really happy eating pre-packaged nutri-food, but I know that it works from other people's experiences. The hard part is keeping it off after quitting. Hence, I have chosen to do this for just a few months and then go on to real food with realistic portions.

I have about 80 pounds to lose as of two weeks ago when I weighed myself. Not quite the 100 pound success stories that you hear about, but it will be a ten pound success, followed by another, then another till I get to where I want to be.

I managed to lose about five pounds during a road trip with my father. We were on a fairly regimented schedule with a lot of fruit and veggies to munch on. There was also a lot of candy and Coke, but I managed to get through with success. Far more success than I was expecting as I was just  hoping to not gain any more weight.

Fast forward to three days ago when I got my shipment of Nutrisystem. There were all sorts of options to include in the foods for the month and I also have a first week of Turbo Takeoff. The Turbo Takeoff has breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus two shakes a day and I can add all the veggies I can stuff into my mouth.

I am sick of veggies.

Okay, so not really, but I am eating a ton of them every day. About the time I feel hungry I add in a giant salad with carrots and cucumbers. I do add in a little low calorie dressing, which is not in the program rules, but I like to have the veggies be absorbed by combining them with a small amount of fat. I do think that I need to subscribe to one of those boxes of produce that are available down here.

One of the things that I am not so sure about is that there are a lot of extras that need to be added in once I am in the main plan instead of the first week. It sounds a little confusing, but I think I will figure it out by week two.

To sum up: 80 pounds to lose, Nutrisystem for the first two to three months, eating well after knowing portion control (using my old pal, SparkPeople tracker).

No comments:

Post a Comment